2-Channel Power Amplifier for Touring and Installation
Like all M Series models, the M20D is an outstanding value in any smaller to medium sized sound system where an efficient, compact and good sounding amplifier is expected to work reliably over a long period. Since 2Ω-capability is usually not needed in smaller systems, the M20D is properly dimensioned with its 4Ω optimization.
In use worldwide by leading touring and event sound companies, Powersoft amplifiers are preferred among the top ranking system designers, sound engineers, and contractors for providing reliable premier-grade power and headroom in the smallest possible package size.
Alternatively, the M20D can drive constant voltage 70V lines directly where multiple loudspeakers are required.
Maximum efficiency warrants minimum current draw, heat dissipation and power consumption, resulting in "green" products, saving the user a substantial amount of money over time.
The M20D HDSP+ETH version provides on-board DSP and Ethernet interfaces.
The high-performance DSP is hidden inside and safe against accidental or intentional tampering; monitoring and amplifier settings can be done via Armonía Pro Audio Suite™(Interface available for MediaMatrix, Crestron, AMX, Q-SYS control and monitoring systems).
Locally, the M20D HDSP+ETH lets the user access up to four presets per pushbutton on the rear panel.
- Advanced switch-mode power supply technology for high performance and compact size
- Fixed frequency switch mode output
- Patented output filter with ripple cancellation network
Fully protected circuit design with:
- Ac protection: shut down power supply when AC mains voltage is outside operating range
- Clip limiter: prevents severely clipped waveforms from reaching loudspeakers, while still maintaining full peak power output
- DC protection: protects against infrasonic signal at the outputs
- VHF protections: protects the loudspeakers against non audible, strong, non musical high frequency signals
- Short circuit protection: protects the amplifier from short circuit or other stressful events for the output circuits with automatic protection reset
- Long term limiter: protects the loudspeaker against steady long term rms (non audio) signals reducing maximum output
- Thermal protection: output stages operating temperature up to 75 °C (167 °F)
- Temperature controlled continuous variable speed fan, front to back airflow
- Direct drive constant voltage, 70V Hi-Z distributed lines**
- Compact size - all models only 1 RU for reduced rack cost and space
- Light weight - all models only 7.4 kg (16 pounds) for easier racking and shipping
- Neutrik XLR balanced inputs with loop thru XLR and Speakon outputs connectors
- Recessed stepped attenuators
- Modular construction
- Full four years warranty